Government Engineering College, Idukki provides the best education possible to enable the students get the most from all aspects of life at the college. In this context, it is essential that the students act responsibly both within and outside the campus. The college strives to maintain strict discipline in the campus. The behaviour of the students both within and outside the college campus should be decent and befitting to a professional institution.
- The student shall move silently when proceeding from one class to another so as not to disturb classes at work.
- No student shall leave the class before the class is dispersed without the permission of the teacher-in-charge of the class.
- Students are prohibited from organizing or attending meetings in the college, distributing notices and collecting money for any purpose without the prior permission of the Principal.
- Any student who is persistently insubordinate, who is habitually irregular in attendance or inattentive to his/her work in the classes, who is repeatedly or willfully mischievous or obscene in words or act, who is guilty of fraud or malpractices at examinations, who indulges in movements which lead to communal ill feelings or enemity, will be punished according to the decision of the College Council.
- Students must work quietly while in the Library or spend time in such a way as not to cause any interference with the work of others.
- Scribbling or etching on drawing boards and desks and furniture and writing on walls etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Students are prohibited from displacing articles or furniture from the proper places in classrooms and labs. Under any circumstance any student not belonging to that class, staff or outsider is not permitted to enter the classroom while classes are in progress without the written permission of the Principal.
- Any act of ragging will be sternly dealt as per provisions of the Kerala Prohibition of ragging Act, 1998 and the directions of the Hon. Supreme Court of India.
- Students are not permitted to use mobile phones in the campus.
- While on campus, students are required to carry their college identity cards and comply with the dress code given below: Boys: Grey Pants, cream Shirt and suitable covered footwear. Girls: Grey Pants, cream Shirt with Grey overcoat and suitable covered footwear.
- An identity card with photograph will be issued to all students. Students must wear the same always when they came to the college and must produce the same on inspection.
College Working Hours
S1&S2 08:30 am – 03:30 pm
S3&S4 08.30 am – 03.30 pm
S5&S6 09.30 am – 04.30 pm
S7&S8 09.30 am – 04.30 pm
College Office - 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
College Library - 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Central Computing Facility - 9:00 am – 5.00 pm